Frequently Asked Questions
1. Question: My school district provides remote mentoring using webcams. The law states mentoring has to be “on-site”...isn’t that violation of the law?
2. Question: The QA law states a pre-certified interpreter must receive “weekly” mentoring. That means once every calendar week, right?
3. Question: Do I need to be mentored if I earned between a 3.5-3.9 on my EIPA test?
4. Question: What should I do if I believe the school district I work for isn’t in compliance of the QA law?
5. Question: Does the QA Law apply to post-secondary institutions also? Or only K-12 schools?
6. Question: Should I apply for my provisional certificate before I get hired at a school.
7. Question: How long is a typical provisional certificate extension?
8. Question: Can I file for a 2nd extension of my provisional certificate?
9. Question: None of these FAQ answers address my specific situation. How do I find answers?
*DISCLAIMER: MRID has done its best to research, gather information, and interview experts about this process and we provide this website as a public service. We do not intend this information to be legal advice. Laws may change, and although we will do our best to keep this site up-to-date, we cannot guarantee that it is so. If you have concerns about potential non-compliance issues, please consult the Minnesota Department of Education: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Department or your own legal counsel.