CEUs through MRID is $20 for those working on PINRA, Independent Study, or Academic Coursework.
(Members receive one FREE processing per year.) Sponsoring a workshop through MRID is $40.
All paperwork is to be filled out by the requestor and submitted to the Professional Development Committee a minimum of 30 days before activity date.
- For use when the activity is directly related to the Interpreting Profession
○ Advanced studies of language, culture, and human behavior
○ Languaculture (use of and mechanics of language, Michael Agar) and Cultural Studies
○ Theoretical and Experiential Studies
○ Specialization Studies
- Can be searchable on the RID database
All PINRA requests must be approved BEFORE activity begins
- CEUs awarded at 1 contact hour = .1 CEU (1:1 ratio) for approved activities
○ Maximum of 2.0 CEUs may be awarded if the PINRA is General Studies (GS)
- All break/lunch times must be removed from activity (does not include normal breaks during the course of the workshop/seminar)
- Any part of the activity that is not CEU bearing will be removed from the total CEUs awarded
Maximum of 2.0 CEUs may be awarded, may be less, for an IS.
IS Plan Form must be completed and approved by sponsor BEFORE any IS activity begins
- All IS activity must be completed within 12 months of receipt of IS Plan Form
- CEUs will notbe awarded at a 1:1 ratio, typical approval will be 1:1⁄2
Types of IS Activities (most common, others may be accepted):
- Course Instruction/Development
- Study Groups
- Multi Media Instruction
- Literature Review
- Self-Study Curriculum
The institute must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the United States or the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education in the European Union in order for CEUs to be awarded
- Does not need to directly relate to interpreting, if it is educationally beneficial to you, you can earn CEUs
- CEUs are awarded at
○ 1 Semester hour = 1.5 CEU (1:1.5 for semester systems)
○ 1 Quarter hour = 1 CEU (1:1 for quarter systems)
- Participant must have a passing grade (pass or letter grade of C or above [2.0 GPA]) to receive CEUs for AC
- Course work must be completed during participants current cycle to be eligible