CEU processing through MRID is $20 for those working on PINRA, Independent Study, or Academic Coursework.
(Members receive one FREE processing per year.) Sponsoring a workshop through MRID is $40.
Contact PDC@mrid.org for any questions regarding CEUs.
All paperwork is to be filled out by the requestor and submitted to the Professional Development Committee a minimum of 30 days before activity date.
○ Advanced studies of language, culture, and human behavior
○ Languaculture (use of and mechanics of language, Michael Agar) and Cultural Studies
○ Theoretical and Experiential Studies
○ Specialization Studies
All PINRA requests must be approved BEFORE activity begins
○ Maximum of 2.0 CEUs may be awarded if the PINRA is General Studies (GS)
Maximum of 2.0 CEUs may be awarded, may be less, for an IS.
IS Plan Form must be completed and approved by sponsor BEFORE any IS activity begins
Types of IS Activities (most common, others may be accepted):
The institute must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the United States or the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education in the European Union in order for CEUs to be awarded
○ 1 Semester hour = 1.5 CEU (1:1.5 for semester systems)
○ 1 Quarter hour = 1 CEU (1:1 for quarter systems)